DISCOVER THE UNEXPECTED 2018/NNPA FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Read these instructions before completing the application below.
ELIGIBILITY: The Discover the Unexpected 2018/National Newspaper Publishers’ Association (“Sponsor”) Fellowship (the “Fellowship”) is open for applications from full-time students at historically black colleges and universities who are between the ages of 18 – 22 (19 if residing in Alabama) and who complete the application process and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
TO ENTER: Applicants for the Fellowship must complete the application process by April 30, 2018 at 10:59 a.m. EST by uploading the following information to the Fellowship website at www.nnpa.org/dtu/online-application in PDF format. All documents submitted must indicate the applicant’s name in the following naming convention: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME/INITIAL.
Applicants must submit the following information in compliance with these Application Instructions and Terms and Conditions:
- Complete the one-page online application form and click to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Submit a link to a video of you, via YouTube.com, labeled: Discover The Unexpected 2018 | First Name Last Name. Videos are not to exceed 90 seconds explaining:
- Who you are
- Your passion for journalism and storytelling
- 3 skills that you will bring to the Discover the Unexpectedteam
- Why you should be chosen for the Discover the Unexpected 2018 Fellowship
- Submit a resume, not to exceed one page, including:
- College/University academic major and minor, date or expected date of graduation
- Current GPA (grade point average)
- Permanent and school address, email and mobile number
- Work experience
- Special skills
- Links to writing and work samples and social media addresses
- Reference from your college professor or advisor (name, phone and email address)
- Writing Sample
NOTIFICATION: The selected Discover the Unexpected 2018 Fellows will be contacted via email on or about May 4, 2018 and must respond that they are accepting the Fellowship within 7 days or an alternate Fellow will be selected. Visit the DTU 2018 at www.nnpa.org/dtu website to view the list of this year’s fellowship recipients.
Please review the Terms and Conditions before submitting this application.
By submitting this application, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.