THE 2024 PAID SUMMER INTERNSHIP WITH THE NNPA AND CHEVROLET
NNPA is a national trade association of 250 African-American-owned community newspapers from around the USA. NNPA has consistently been the voice of the Black community and an incubator for news that makes history and impacts our communities.
The NNPA and Chevrolet have joined together for the eighth year offering the DISCOVER THE UNEXPECTED 10-week summer program with opportunities for content creation, digital journalism, event coverage, and more.
style=”color: #666666;”>Recruiting from multiple HBCUs to find the best candidates, selected interns will work on-site with NNPA publishers, receive hands-on guidance from industry professionals, and collaborate with other program partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend all DTU program events and meetings with publishers, editors, agency partners, Chevrolet leaders, and others as directed
- Conducting interviews with community leaders and influencers
- Creating and posting responsible content to various media channels throughout the program and reporting results
- Raising awareness and enlightenment of social issues that impact the Black community
- Engaging in workshops and events designed specifically for opportunities to create content and make an impact on culturally relevant issues
- Writing news articles as directed by the NNPA editors and publishers
- Other responsibilities as outlined or directed
- Must be a currently enrolled at a historically Black college or university
- Must be majoring in Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Business, or a related field
- High interest in promoting the betterment of Black America and the issues that confront the community
- Social media content creation is a plus
- Willingness to work in-person as well as some remote opportunities
- Travel is required
Each intern will receive a $8,000 stipend and a $10,000 scholarship for the completion of the program.
To Apply: Submit your application, resume, writing sample, and video essay at nnpa.org/chevydtu
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands. Chevrolet models include electric and fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at